Free Code Word Puzzle Maker
Codeword puzzle maker to make free printable worksheets
A codeword is a completed crossword grid where each letter of the alphabet has been substituted for a number from 1-26. There will be at least one occurrence of each letter of the alphabet. Certain letters are given as starters. The solver must decipher the rest of the code to discover the words in the completed puzzle.
A puzzle needs all letters of the alphabet
In order to solve the codeword puzzle all letters should be in the grid. When you generate the puzzle it will check if all letters are used. If not the program will select words from the English dictionary to complete the puzzle. You can easily identify those words. These words will have a yellow background in the column 'words'. Please check if these words are appropriate for your students. If you don't want to use a word, you can just remove it from the list and generate a new puzzle.
In order to solve the codeword puzzle, you need to provide starting letters. The program will choose a word as starter. The starting word(s) have a light green background in the list. You can change these word(s) by right clicking on the word. Normally a 3 letter word will be used as starter.
Please check if the words provided by the program are appropriate for your students. if a word is not suitable, please remove it from the list and generate a new puzzle.
Create your code word puzzle
1. You can use the worksheets for free for non-commercial purposes, such as in schools, training centers or at home.
2. It is strictly forbidden to modify the worksheets in any way.
3. You can place an image of the worksheet on a website, but you have to place clearly and close to the image a link to www.edu-games.org.
4. It is forbidden to place the worksheet as a pdf file on a website.
5. You are allowed to use the worksheets (as pdf) in a closed environment for teaching purposes, as such Google's Classroom. As long as the school or institution is free for the students and that they have free access to the worksheets.
6. There are no limitations on the numbers of worksheets you can create and download.
7. You give the edu games website the permission to use your created puzzles. Your puzzle will be checked and if it is suitable for other users it will be published on the website.
8. It is forbidden to embed www.edu-games.org into an i-frame of another website.