Make your own printable calcudoku puzzle. Calcudoku is a combination of an arithmetic and logic puzzle. The rules are the same as sudoku, but you get clues. Every 'cage', a group of cells printed with a thick border, has printed the result of arithmetic operation on all the numbers in the cage. With these clues the student have to complete the puzzle.
The rules are as follows:
1. The numbers you can use are from 1 to 6 or from 1 to 9.
2. In each row and in each column each number can appear only once (just like in Sudoku).
3. Each "cage" (the blocks with the thick border) shows a result and an operation (addition: +, subtraction: -, multiplication: x, or division: /). The operation applied to the numbers in the cage should produce the result shown.
4. A number may be used more than once in the same cage, but not more than once in each row or column.
In case of subtraction or division, arrange the numbers from the cage from largest to smallest. If the outcome = 1- and the numbers in the cage are 1, 2, 4 then you need to arrange them into 4 - 2 - 1.
To create your printable calcudoku puzzle is extremely easy. First you slected the gridsize (6x6 or 9x9). Then select how many fields in the puzzle should be printed with the number. Finally you click on download the calcudoku puzzle. It will create a pdf file for you. This pdf file contains 2 pages, one page is the puzzle and the second page contains the answer sheet.
Every calcudoku puzzle is dynamically created. Therefor every puzzle is unique and you can download as many puzzle as you need.
1. You can use the worksheets for free for non-commercial purposes, such as in schools, training centers or at home.
2. It is strictly forbidden to modify the worksheets in any way.
3. You can place an image of the worksheet on a website, but you have to place clearly and close to the image a link to www.edu-games.org.
4. It is forbidden to place the worksheet as a pdf file on a website.
5. You are allowed to use the worksheets (as pdf) in a closed environment for teaching purposes, as such Google's Classroom. As long as the school or institution is free for the students and that they have free access to the worksheets.
6. There are no limitations on the numbers of worksheets you can create and download.
7. You give the edu games website the permission to use your created puzzles. Your puzzle will be checked and if it is suitable for other users it will be published on the website.
8. It is forbidden to embed www.edu-games.org into an i-frame of another website.